Segments 1: Lawn Mower Tune-Up
The snow has been gone for a while and with all the rain we've had, it might be time to mow your grass. And, because we're all stuck at home, it's the perfect time to tune up you mower before you need it. We cover the tune-up portion in the show but here are some other things you might want to consider doing as long as you're at it.
- Scrape off grass caked on underside of mower deck
- Brush off grass clippings, etc.
- Be careful about using too much even with the clean out ports
- And let it run a few minutes after you’ve done that.
- Also, you could apply an automotive wax to the deck to potentially stop grass from sticking there —
- But you’re better off to just not mow when it’s wet if you can help it.
OLDER MOWER, RUSTING DECK?
- Slow the deterioration down
- Wire brush the rust, clean it up
- RepcoLite’s 449 Metal Primer and Met’l Clad can be used
LUBRICATE MOVING PARTS
- Use a spray lubricant on the front wheel adjusters
- Grease the wheel bearings as necessary
- Do the maintenance — it’s a huge investment
- JUST DO IT ALL WITH THE SPARK PLUG DISCONNECTED
- Consult the owners manual for the recommended steps and procedures specific to your equipment
- Look online if you don’t have one
- Check YouTube for How-Tos
Segment 2: Spring/Summer Design Trends from High Point
With the current COVID-19 pandemic, High Point, NC didn't hold their annual spring market this year. But don't worry, we've got you covered! And just a heads up, don't throw everything in your basement away because you think it's out of style. That old wicker peacock chair from the 60's and 70's....yup! Back. In. Style!
Segment 3: Deck Materials
We sat down with Jason Slenk, one of the owners of Overisel Lumber in Holland, before the pandemic to talk about the different decking materials that are available.
Segment 4: Hardwood Deck Coating
Following our conversation with Jason, we decided it might be beneficial to discuss what type of stain to put on a hardwood deck and what to do if you have an old Trex deck that has seen better days after years of fade.